Dear valued customers and stakeholders
The world is currently experiencing an outbreak of the new coronavirus COVID-19, and its effects are felt both on an economic and humane level. Here at ALTEN Finland our top priorities are the health of our employees, maintaining good relationship with our clients, and doing our best to prevent further infections in society.
We will keep doing the good work that we are known for, and continue to actively keep in touch with our clients to make sure that we are able to meet any needs that they might have in these changing circumstances. We have a strong commitment to making sure that work continues uninterrupted. Most importantly, we have verified that we have the technical resources needed to allow our employees to work remotely if necessary.
ALTEN Finland has concluded company-wide co-determination negotiations, and is prepared to carry out temporary layoffs in response to a temporary decline in labor demand caused by the global COVID-19 outbreak. These layoffs affect only a segment of ALTEN Finland’s employees. The number of employees is temporarily reduced in all offices based on local workload and working arrangements.
To support and maintain the health of our employees, and to help prevent new infections in society, ALTEN Finland has established a contingency plan with the following steps:
- We encourage all employees to wash their hands properly and often.
- When the requirements of the position allow it, we have started working remotely.
- We have paid particular attention to keeping our offices clean.
- We require that employees stay home if they are feeling ill or have been in direct contact with someone exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- We have stopped doing both domestic and international business trips, and started organizing remote meetings instead.
- We have postponed all our internal and client events.
At ALTEN Finland we naturally follow the situation closely to see how it develops and affects the society. We make our decisions based on the information and recommendations issued by the authorities, the Finnish government and the World Health Organization.
We are here for you, and we strongly believe that together we can work through these challenging times.
Joachim Johansson, Country Manager, ALTEN Finland
Juha Sillanpää, Managing Director, ALTEN Finland