The ALTEN Group, is seeking to appoint a talented Finance Manager for the Finnish activities. The Finance Manager will be a strategic thought-partner and a right hand to the Country Manager, and report to the Nordic Chief Financial Officer with a dotted line to the Country Manager. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop internal teams in Finland, supporting the following areas: accounting, tax, controlling, payroll and purchasing.
As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for a team of approximately 15 employees, where both Accounting Manager and Controllers will report directly to Finance Manager. The role entails the responsibility of the following tasks:
- Lead the finance team, with focus on employee development & performance and secure future pipeline and organizational development
- Work close with Country Manager and CFO to drive profitability
- Responsible to optimize Cash Management and ensure sufficient cash forecasting
- Ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Detect and communicate financial opportunities and risks
- Responsible for all fiscal and social issues, making sure that the companies are compliant with local laws
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors
- Drive cross-functional projects to improve cost efficiency, improve profitability and internal controls
- Ensure budget control and foresee
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process, ensure budget control by closely monitoring progress and changes
- Update and implement all necessary internal business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual
We expect you to be fluent in Finnish and English and have at least a bachelor’s degree to be successful in this position, preferably a master’s degree. You have about 10 years of overall professional experience, preferably you have a first period of 2 to 3 years in an auditing company or accounting position, then moved on to a business controller position for about 4 to 5 years and then 3 to 4 years as a financial manager dealing with the management of a multidisciplinary team. You are a dedicated leader with a track record of developing high performing teams in finance. You demonstrate energetic leadership, using a 'can-do' attitude that positively influences and energizes your team and encourage the search for continuous improvements.
You have experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for the legal entities, and has preferably overseen a human resource function previously. You have experience in process management and continuously striving for efficiency and improvements.
You are an independent self-starter who thrives on tacking challenges and have a successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making. You have excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Please apply with your CV in English. For additional questions contact Isabel Bångstad: firstname.lastname@example.org