We are a technology consultancy & engineering company employing over 34,000 people in more than 24 countries. We provide expert services for project management, design and development in industrial and ICT projects around the world.
In Finland, we have an organization employing 600 people across the country. Our customers are industry leaders. We create services to facilitate their most important projects, investments and development. We participate in projects in different industries and with a broad range of expert roles.
In recent years we have steadily grown organically and through acquisitions and we have simultaneously developed our own operations. Now we are willing to develop our internal organization further within the technical realm.
We are looking for a PROJECT DIRECTOR.
As a Project Director, you will become part of a technical department that develops and supports ALTEN Finland's business with its technical expertise. You manage entire processes of project activity (in-house project management and delivery service) from the first customer contacts and project definition to the creation of a qualified offer and management of the contract, overseeing the management of the implementation and the completion of the project. In your work you report to the Director of the Technical Division in ALTEN Northern, Managing Director of ALTEN Finland and the Country Manager of ALTEN Finland.
The main core of your work consists of.
- Sales Support: Support sales by communicating with ALTEN's project offering and expertise to our current customers and target audiences. Aid and educate the salesforce in ALTEN's project package service offering.
- Bid Management: Ensure and manage every step of the project activity, from the received customer request, setting the limitation and terms to the bid to creating the winning, secured offer and overseeing project implementation.
- Project Delivery: Ensure cost-effectiveness, compliance with schedules and quality standards by coaching and managing Project Management and Business Management, and supervising and managing ALTEN Finland's project deliveries. You verify that the resourcing and management of the projects is correct, take part in project meetings with customers and ensure customer satisfaction. You guide and drive the development of both the whole department and the individuals, and report regularly to upper management.
- Leadership: You train and lead a team of project managers and guide their work. In the future there will be a team of employees under you that were hired to handle projects. You also manage the use and ownership of production and design software licenses (CAD software etc.) and ensure that processes described in the quality system are enforced.
The role is versatile and challenging for even an experienced expert. That's why we expect a successful applicant to have:
- At least four years of work experience in managing project deliveries and project organizations, and at least 12 years of industrial design or project work experience. We expect this experience to be recent and relevant, and the applicant to have good understanding of the industry and modern tools, softwares and ways of working.
- A university degree in technology.
- A good understanding of the Finnish industries (e.g. process industry), the technical consultancy market and the development and trends of these industries
- Ability and willingness to lead, build, and develop your own organization through guidance, training, and follow-up. The ability to direct the development of your organization in the right direction also requires the ability to perceive the development the entire organization and the importance of your work within it.
- Fluent Finnish and English skills and the ability to express yourself credibly both in writing and orally to stakeholders. Other language skills are considered an advantage.
- Ability to work co-operatively and ability to communicate matters of technical expertise in a convincing and respectable way
In addition, it is a considered advantageous to have
- Previous experience and references in building a project management organization or team from scratch
- Good social, co-operative and teamwork capabilities. Also proben problem-solving and crisis management capacity
- A driven mentality to develop processes within an internal organization and in customer work
- Ability to communicate in clear, respectful and respectable manner
- Accustomed to process creation, management and follow-up
- Knowledge of and interest in developing and monitoring key performance indicators (KPI) for project management
We hope you will feel that you fit the bill and apply for this position. Please send in your Resumé and letter of motivation for this exciting role through this form, in English. Please also include your salary expectations.
If there is any additional information you feel you need to have a clear view of the position, please contact Technical Division Director Conny Ljung (email@example.com). Unfortunately we cannot reply to enquiries during weeks 29-33. We will start processing the applications during late August and early September onwards!
Take up the challenge and join the constantly expanding team!